Family homeless after blaze
A Blackstone family safely fled a burning home early Sunday morning and also was reunited with its pet dog, which was found under a bed by firefighters. It’s the second straight week in which a Nottoway County family has been displaced by fire. Sunday’s blaze broke-out shortly after 1:00 a.m. at 927 South Main Street, a one-story rental home owned by Betsy Irby beside the dental practice of Dr. Phillip Prater. The occupants were identified as Amy Baker, 44; her son, Tyler Baker, 23; her father, Toney Milton, 68; and mother Johana Milton, 65.
To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition https://etypeservices.com/Blackstone%20Courier-RecordID458/